If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (606) 877-2160

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Does my Insurance Policy Cover that?

5/7/2019 (Permalink)

The worst thing that can happen when you have a water damage is getting a surprise about your policy when you call your insurance company. 

Most basic homeowner's policies cover some degree of water damage (this does not include natural disasters like floods), however, where that coverage begins and ends depends on your individual policy and carrier.

If you’re concerned about emergency flooding, the first thing you should do is call your agent to determine what sort of coverage you have against water damage. Incidents like backup from the sewer and mold damage sustained after flooding often require additional coverage. Those concerned about substantial or sudden water damage should investigate the extra coverage options they provide.

It's always best to check with your insurance company every year to see what needs updated, what needs taken off, and to remind yourself what is covered when an emergency hits your home.

Other News

View Recent Posts